Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Grandfather Always Said...

My grandfather always said never buy the first year of a brand new model car. Let the kinks work themselves out. Let others deal with the problems and dysfunction that will arise. I hold the same true in how I look at any new technology. Do we always have to be the first kid on the block with a hot new I-Pad? Or, should we let the kinks work themselves out. I embrace advancement that will allow me and my dental team to provide the best dental care we can.
I would like to introduce to you a technology that I recently adopted (it has been on the market for more than a year). When I first learned about the EtchMaster™ of Groman Inc. in Margate, Florida, I said to myself this is an awesome idea. The EtchMaster™ operates on a CO2 mini-cartridge that fits into the Cordless Etcher™. Mini tips that are disposable fit into a Collet. The mini tips contain abrasives. These abrasives are available in various sizes: 27µ Alum Oxide, 50µ Alum Oxide, 50µ Glass Beads, 27µ Alum Oxide & 50µ Sodium Bicarbonate, 50µ Sodium Bicarbonate. These different strengths can be used for bond enhancement to polishing depending on the user's needs.
Instead of the mess of an air-abrasion system or hooking up a corded microetcher to your dental unit, we now have the convenience of a product that is easy to use and maintain. We use this tool when preparing porcelain intraorally. We first use EtchMaster™ to break the glaze and roughen the surface to be restored. Then we use a Hydrophloric acid. We silanate the porcelain then perform the rest of the bonding procedure.
My staff enjoys the ease of setup. I enjoy the ease of use and how quickly we can get it to the dental unit. I encourage you to try this product.
Groman can be reached by calling 1-800-906-9298 or the web: www.DisposableAirAbrasion.com
I do not have any financial interest in this company.
-Dr. Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment