Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Guided Implant Surgery

First let me say I am four years overdue in writing my blog. I wasn't missed.
To say I am busy is an understatement.
2 years ago this October I attended my first implant training seminar in Jamaica. The course was given by Dr. Michael Schulman the founder of ADIS Island Implants. We had five attendees and we place fifty implants in four days. Needless to say it was an educational experience. We did not use CBCT or any guided surgery this was all done the "old fashioned way"
The reality is in todays modern dental practice. It is recommended by this author and many leading clinicians around the globe to place implants using surgical guides. In my opinion not to so is a disservice to our patients. Being able to pre-plan your surgery using virtual software allows the day of implant placement go very smoothly. All of our cases in my office: Chicagodentistry are surgically guided. If your planning to have implants placed find out of your dentist is using guided surgery.
I would like to thank Dr. Schulman for helping me along this path.
Till next time.
LK

No comments:

Post a Comment